Are you think about some things that need changing in the coming year? Here are some resources to help you think through some resolutions for next week:
- There are many Bible reading plans to help order your Bible intake. Here are some I’ve accumulated over the years. (UPDATE: Here are also two chronological plans I’ve compiled for 2013.)
- And here are a couple of prayer plans that are helpful.
- Mike Riccardi has written a helpful overview of the purpose of these resolutions, “Working on Your Relationship with God.”
- Charles Spurgeon’s sermon on new year’s day is worth reading.
- Clint Archer reminds us of the worst resolution we can make.
- Have you ever broken your resolutions? (Yes!) Then Nathan Busenitz, offers some encouragement from the life of Jonathan Edwards about how to respond to those broken resolutions. (Jonathan Parnell has also given us “Edwards’s Resolutions in Seven Categories.”
- And, keeping the theme of Edwards, Busenitz also offers a list of top 10 kinds of resolutions to make, based on Edwards’ list of 70 resolutions.
- David Murray asks six questions to help you formulate your resolutions.