A few sites worth reading in-between bites of leftover turkey sandwiches or trips to the store(s):
- If you are doing some internet shopping this weekend, check out the collection of deals for Christian books and resources amassed by Tim Challies.
- Desiring God has a 3-part series of questions and answers with writer Jerry Bridges.
- Dave Harvey helps us to think biblically about ambition in “The Glory Drive.”
- Michael Oh is “Weeping for North Korea.” Or, watch the video of the young woman’s testimony on Desiring God.
- It’s not just about TV. It’s about worship. And it’s why these are “The Three Most Disturbing Words on TV.”
- John Piper identified “5 Dangers of Computer Unreality” — more than 15 years ago. They are still worth reading today. And maybe even more worth reading today, as we have found his insights to be true.
- “I have a growing concern that younger evangelicals do not take seriously the Bible’s call to personal holiness.” So begins Kevin DeYoung in, “The Hole in Our Holiness.”
- The Counsel of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood has articulated some concerns they have over the translation of gender-related terms in the 2011 version of the NIV.
- “A Prayer about God’s Delight and Our Hope.” We need the gospel. Every day. Every moment.